The Rig Safety System is designed to increase personnel safety while decreasing operational hazard on a rig-floor by eliminating repetitive accidents and incidents.
Rig Safety System Product:
- Katch Mat
- Kelly Kan
- Splash Guard
THE FIRST LAYER OF CONTAINMENT WITH TRACTION:
Katch Mat is the only safety and traction mat on the market that also acts as a containment mat for drilling fluid on the rig floor.
The Katch Mat contains and channels drilling fluid between the traction buttons so it can be redirected to the appropriate drains.
VERSATILE AND DURABLE:
Designed in two-foot squares, the Katch Mat TM is extremely versatile and can fit any situation. The modular design also makes repair or transportation very easy for the rig crew.
Katch Mat is made of extremely durable super polymer composite. It is temperature, impact and invert resistant.
- Uncontrolled discharge of drilling fluid on drill floor
- Dangerous, unsafe ’Homemade’ solutions
A device (Kelly Kan) that controls and re-directs drilling fluid discharge down into the Splash Guard™ for draining into the Upper Katch Kan.
- Easily installed in seconds by one person without tools
- The same seal fits the kelly, drill-pipe tool joint, heavyweight or drill collar (in most cases).
- The Kelly Kan™ fits on regular drill string, heavy-weight. Drill pipe, drill collars, test tools, saver subs, service tubing, and casing up 8”.
- A quick exchange of seals and top plates enable Kelly Kan to fit tubing, test tools or other string, with diameters ranging from 2 3/8 to 8 inches
- Seals remain supple in temperatures as cold as minus 75 degrees Celsius.
- Can trip wet pipe as easily and safely as dry pipe.
- Minimizes kick potential.
- Lower kelly cock not being use for mud saver valve.
- Can blow Kelly over the rotary table instead of rat hole
- Weighs only 27 lbs.
- 35” Tall
- Safe to be in a Class 1 Div 1 environment